Finally, in our series of blogs on comparing dog foods, we break down our very own grain-free Chicken, Sweet Potato & herbs.
Our packaging says the following:
Freshly prepared chicken is formulated with sweet potato and herbs. Containing one of the highest proportions of fresh meat on the market, along with vegetables and a carefully balanced selection of vitamin and mineral-rich supplements, our grain-free feed will be thoroughly enjoyed by your dog.
Chicken 55% (including 31% Freshly Prepared Chicken, 21% Dried Chicken & 3% Chicken Stock), Sweet Potato (26%), Peas, Potato (5%), Beet Pulp, Linseed, Omega 3 Supplement, Vitamins & Minerals, Vegetable Stock, Marjoram, Basil, Oregano, Sage, Thyme, Parsley, FOS (92 mg/kg), MOS (23 mg/kg).
- Crude Protein 27%
- Crude Fat 14%
- Crude Fibre 4%
- Crude Ash 7.5%
- Moisture 8%
- NFE 39.5%
- Metabolisable Energy 366 kcal/100g
- Omega 6 2.3%
- Omega 3 1.3%
- Calcium 1.4%
- Phosphorus 1%
Nutritional Additives per kg Vitamins:
Vitamins: Vitamin A 15,000 IU, Vitamin D3 2,000 IU, Vitamin E 95 IUTrace
Elements: Zinc (Zinc Sulphate Monohydrate) 50mg, Iron (Iron (II) Sulphate Monohydrate) 50mg, Manganese (Manganous Sulphate Monohydrate) 35mg, Copper (Copper(II) Sulphate Pentahydrate) 15 mg, Iodine (Calcium Iodate Anhydrous) 1mg, Selenium (Sodium Selenite) 0.3mg.
What this means in Layman’s terms:
This contains one of the highest proportions of fresh meat on the market!
This includes 31% freshly prepared chicken, 21% dried whole chicken meat and 3% stock.
Not only do you know exactly what you are getting but there’s no mention of the word ‘meal’ in our ingredients. It’s just 100% pure chicken meat in this case.
Sweet Potato 26%
Sweet potato is a great alternative to white potatoes.
- It’s a superfood with a wide range of vitamins and minerals and naturally gluten-free.
- Sweet potatoes are high in fibre which helps to promote a healthy digestive system and good stool formation. They are also soothing on the stomach which means they are perfect for more sensitive animals.
- They have a low glycemic index which means that they release glucose more slowly into the bloodstream. This means blood sugar levels remain more constant and provide a steady release of energy throughout the day.
- They are one of the best sources of Vitamin A. This is an antioxidant powerhouse and is thought to have anti-ageing properties along with helping to maintain good eyesight and to aid skin and coat condition.
- Sweet potato is also thought to have anti-inflammatory and immune-boosting properties as they are rich in beta-carotene, an antioxidant. They are also rich in Vitamin C, Vitamin B complex, Iron, Phosphorus and Magnesium.
- Sweet potatoes contain a lot of magnesium which can help with stress and promote calmness, relaxation and a good mood.
Beet pulp (the fibrous material from sugar beets that is left-over after sugar production) is used in dog food as a dietary fibre supplement.
The sugar is almost completely removed leaving behind an excellent source of both soluble and insoluble fibre. Fibre helps to promote general digestive health in dogs
All of our grain-free recipes are made from a wide variety of human-grade quality food, sourced from the finest farms and fisheries.
We know that providing dogs with highly nutritious, healthy and great tasting food will provide them with the best quality of life.
We also know that sourcing our ingredients directly from our farms and trusted sources, provide a guarantee of the highest quality product.
If you have a question about your dog’s diet or any of our ingredients, get in touch with us, we’d be happy to answer any questions.